Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Overstock.com Real Estate Search

Overstock.com sent me an email today informing me about their new Real Estate Search, so I checked it out.

There are currently 3.7 million properties listed, and one can search by zip code and type of property such as Classifieds, Distressed, Foreclosures, For Sale By Owner (FSBO), Timeshares, Auctions, Online Auctions and Rentals.

I typed in my zip code and it displayed a results page that contained several ways to refine my search, plus this very interesting graph showing the price distribution of homes in my area:



At the top left of the graph there's a button where one can search the actual database that realtors use, which is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database. Upon clicking this button I was taken to a page with 605 home listings, mostly for residential, single-family homes but with a few land only properties, as well as some multi-unit and commercial listings.

Below the graph was a listing of matching properties, some of which were flagged with an "O-Hot Value" label, indicating the property may be a better relative value in the local market.

After test driving the site and performing a few searches, I have to say the website is very easy to use. Check out the new Overstock.com Real Estate Search and see what you think!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home